The British Library and the Oral History Society are running a series of advanced oral history training courses in the coming months. Places can be booked through the Oral History Society website.
These courses include Developing your Oral History Skills (for those who have conducted 5 or more interviews), Lives in Focus (recording oral history interviews on video), and Transcript to Script (turning oral histories into plays for stage and radio). We are also running a re-vamped and up to date course in Digital Editing, back for the first time since 2013. This course provides a hands on introduction to the principles and techniques of digitally editing oral history interviews for use in exhibitions, websites, and more.
- 11th October, 2017 (British Library, London)
- 14th February, 2018 (British Library, London
Developing your Oral History Skills
- 22nd September, 2017 (British Library, London)
- 23rd March, 2018 (Showroom, Sheffield)
Lives in Focus
- 28th November, 2017 (British Library, London)
Transcript to Script
- 29th November, 2017 (British Library, London)