Are you looking to undertake voluntary work within an oral history project? Organisations involved in oral history need volunteers to help with a variety of tasks including interviewing, archiving and transcribing. Training is often offered. Volunteering offers a good introduction to oral history if you have not had any previous experience. Oral history experience is very useful for a range of related activities and can be a part of personal and career development (including looking good on CVs!!).
For information about volunteering, both being a volunteer and working with volunteers, visit Volunteering England
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
- Trustee Positions. Eastside Community Heritage (London)
- Volunteers required for ‘Keeping Us in Mind’ (Epsom)
- Landmark LGBTQI migrant project: Volunteers wanted to conduct oral history interviews (London)
- Volunteers Required, Britannia Royal Naval College Oral History Project (Dartmouth)
- Shanghati Oral History Project (London)