Roles within the OHS:
- Regional networker for Nottinghamshire
- Website editor
- Convenor of the Nominations subcommittee
Current professional role:
- Freelance Oral Historian
- PhD student at Nottingham Trent University School of Social Sciences collecting the oral history of Nottingham Asylums.
School of Social Sciences, Nottingham Trent University.
Project Manager for a 3-year community led heritage project about the history of market gardening in south-west London; freelance oral history training and consultancy work.
- Heritage Project Manager for Jam Yesterday Jam Tomorrow project, bringing back the forgotten history of market gardening in South West London.
- Directed the collection and archiving of 2400 oral histories in Antony Gormley’s ‘One and Other’ fourth-plinth participatory project, (click here for details)
- Belonging in Brent Oral History Project
- Moroccan Memories Oral History Project
- Memories from Emilia Romagna and Sicily Oral History Project
- Various other consultancies in community settings including schools and mental health and faith organisations
Oral history project management, audience development, oral history training, turning oral history into public display and interviewing. Particular expertise in outreach work with hard to reach groups, including migrant communities, and partnership working.
Further information about Verusca Calabria can be found here.