This page links to a selection of oral history projects, either in progress or completed, as examples of work undertaken in the UK. Once selected, a brief description is given for each study along with a chance to listen to an extract from their oral history collection.
(Please note that the Oral History Society is not responsible for any of the content therein).
- The Fieldwork Journals of Eric R. Cregeen (1921-83)
- ‘Ships in the Sky’ – an oral history, film and exhibition project
- Morecambe Bay Lives
- Farmland Voices
- ‘Hidden Histories’: The Beaford Archive
- Irish Heart, Coventry Home
- Capturing Craigavon
- Spooks Spies and Videotape
- Hidden Now Heard
- Therapeutic Living With Other People’s Children
- Call for papers: OHS Annual Conference, Friday 9th – Saturday 10th July 2021 – *online*
- British and Irish Sound Archives Annual Conference, 27 Nov 2020. ‘Old Sounds, New Media: The Creative and Ethical Use of Archive Recordings’ (Zoom webinar)
- ‘Studies in Oral History’ – call for papers on oral history, place and environment
- ‘The Yellow Chair’. School oral history performance available to watch online.
- Community radio station to launch new local oral history podcast