Telephone: 07866 396769
Role within the OHS:
Regional Network Representative for South West
Current professional role:
- Poole Harbour Flying Boats – Advice and training of volunteers.
- Cullompton Cloth Trade – Training of volunteers interviewing skills and editing.
- Living Memories of Watchet – Assisting with the setting up of project and training volunteers.
- The Workers Tales – Organised and ran the project in partnership which included recruiting and training volunteers – Memories of working life a small Somerset town.
- Village Voices – Memories of a Dorset village help with recording and production of project.
- Tintinhull Voices – Advice/recording the interviews/editing and archiving the material.
- Numerous recordings for individual family life story and reminiscences.
My expertise is primarily with sound recording and interviewing based on my BBC career in speech based programmes with Radio 4. I have been involved with oral history for at least ten years during which time my knowledge, experience and enthusiasm for it has expanded greatly. Acquired in part from courses at the British Library and regional lectures but also from practical experience by ‘doing it.’
I offer my services as a freelance consultant and practitioner to individuals and groups who require assistance/advise and in some cases to run in entirety, oral history projects and record family life stories.
I am also available to give talks about oral history, to groups and history societies. This is mainly confined to Somerset, Devon and Dorset.