Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and recent government advice we regret that all Oral History Society / NLS-BL oral history training courses have been postponed with immediate effect. If you would like to be contacted when new training dates are announced please email email@example.com with the subject line ‘Mailing list – training’.
This one-day course, organised jointly by National Life Stories at the British Library and the Oral History Society, gives a fun and hands on introduction to the principles and techniques of digital editing for oral history interviews. It will cover how and why to edit oral history interviews for use in exhibitions and on websites, and provide practical experience in using digital editing software.
No previous experience of digital editing or oral history is required. Places are limited to eight per day course to ensure that each participant has access to a PC, and only two people from any one institution or project may attend. Each course is led by one of the OHS/NHS-BL accredited trainers.
The programme for each one-day course is as follows:
• 10:00-10:15 Overview of the day, course member and tutor introductions
• 10:15-11.30 Introduction to sound editing
• 11:30-11:45 Tea Break
• 11:45-12:45 Simple editing – practical exercise
• 12:45-1.45 Lunch
• 1:45-2:15 Introduction to creative editing
• 2:15-3:00 Creative editing – practical exercise
• 3:00-3:15 Tea Break
• 3:15-4:00 Introduction to Audio Montage
• 4:00-4:45 Using Sound Clips
• 4:45-5:00 Summary, feedback, and Q&A
Full attendance fee: £140.00
OHS member fee: £100.00
How to Book
- There will be no refunds for cancelled places
- Due to high demand and in order to ensure that each course has attendees with a variety of interests and backgrounds, a maximum of two people from any one institution may attend each course.
The following OHS training dates are available:
|Dates and times||Location||Availability||Booking|
(10:00 am - 5:00 pm)
96 Euston Road, London
If there are currently no dates found for courses please contact the training administrator if you would like to be notified of any future dates.