Address: Essex Record Office, Wharf Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 6YT
Role within the OHS:
· Regional Networker for East of England (Essex)
Current professional role:
· Sound Archivist
· Essex Sound and Video Archive (Essex Record Office)
In my current role as Sound Archivist, I support local organisations to run oral history projects, providing training and adding the resulting recordings to our collections at the Essex Sound and Video Archive.
· Project Officer for Lottery Funded You Are Hear: sound and a sense of place project run by the Essex Record Office: cataloguing sound recordings including oral history interviews and encouraging engagement with them (http://essexsounds.org.uk) (2014-2018).
· Collaborative Doctoral Award with the University of Bristol and Bristol Zoo, including recording oral history interviews with past employees, visitors, and trustees (2009-2013).
· Archiving oral history interviews and managing both analogue and digital recordings.
· Encouraging engagement with oral history interviews.
· Conducting training on recording oral history interviews.
· MSc(Econ) in Archive Administration (Aberystwyth University)
· Registered Member of the Archives and Records Association